We are always listening to what our users say, and good suggestions are very likely to be considered. Feel free to contact us with any suggestions.
- Initial beta release
- Support showing changelogs in pull requests
- Make it possible to specify PHP version
- Add a public roadmap
- Add option to not update with dependencies
- Support Gitlab
- Make it possible to receive one pull request per dependency, instead of per version
- Open source and release Github login module
- Make it possible to pause Violinist between certain time ranges
- Make it possible to pause a project
- Add PHP 7.3
- Support option for one_pull_request_per_package
- Support option for allow_updates_beyond_constraint
- Implement and offer a priority queue
- Make it possible to get notified with email and slack when updates can not be run
- Add support for custom messages in pull requests
- Add support for deploy keys
- Beta support for API
- Support Bitbucket
- Support assignees for Pull/merge requests
- Support not updating dev dependencies
- Support updating bundled packages
- Support having composer.json in a subdirectory
- Support overriding the default branch
- Support maximum concurrent Pull/Merge requests
- Indicate which packages were updated using the update command
- Make it possible to limit concurrent updates (throttle number of pull requests)
- Add PHP 8.0
- Support composer 2
- Support for private packagist through environment variables
- Support for storing environment variables per user or per project
- Support for creating projects via the API
- Support for disabling scripts on update commands
- Support for using Conventional commits as commit message standard
- Support for specifying a branch prefix
- Support for updating non-direct dependencies
- Add PHP 8.1
- Support for allow list in addition to a block list
- Support updating non direct dependencies with their ancestor direct dependency.
- Option to update all dependencies all the time.
- Deprecate support for PHP 7.0
- Deprecate support for PHP 7.1
- Detect when projects change PHP version, and update the Violinist config automatically (notifying the owner)
- Show the changed files in the dependency that gets updated.
- Support defining bundled packages using wildcards
- Support automerge
- Automatically close pull requests that have been superseded
- Support PHP 8.2
The roadmap is a living document, and might change without notice. Reasons for changing priorities might be (but are not limited to):
- Enterprise customers with feature requests.
- Unexpected changes in third party APIs
- Important maintenance or changes due to libraries or software used.
This roadmap was last updated Jul 15 2022.