Terms of Service
Terms of Service
1. Validity of these Terms and Conditions
Basically, when you sign up for an account on violinist.io, we have to agree on some ground rulesThese terms and conditions apply to all business relations between users and the violinist.io Software (referred to hereafter as violinist.io) that concern the service violinist.io. The relevant version of this document is the most recent one available at the beginning of each user’s contract. The additional short explanation texts at the beginning of each section are only included for clarity and are not legally part of these terms and conditions. Any divergent terms and conditions on the side of the user are irrelevant unless violinist.io explicitly approves them in writing. By signing up for an account on violinist.io, the user agrees to these terms and conditions.
2. Services provided by violinist.io
Basically, violinist.io is an online tool for keeping your composer dependencies up to date. We will continue to work on and improve this service.
(1) with violinist.io, violinist.io offers a service that helps you keep your composer dependencies up to date
(2) violinist.io is a service made available over the internet. violinist.io’s service does not include the internet access itself
(3) violinist.io reserves the right to continually improve and expand the service. Users are not entitled to any functionality beyond what is described under point 1.
3. Free for open source and contractual relationship
Basically, violinist.io is free for open source projects. Private projects have to pay.
(1) Users can use violinist.io for free with their open source projects. You can sign up and use violinist.io with your GitHub, Bitbucket or Gitlab accounts and organisations at any time.
violinist.io is free to use with public open source projects from your personal GitHub, Bitbucket or Gitlab account or from your GitHub, Bitbucket or Gitlab organisation.
Paid violinist.io accounts have priority over free accounts, so the service may be slower for these unpaid accounts.
(2) For use of violinist.io, signing up for an account is necessary. Sign up is done via GitHub or Gitlab’s oAuth API. For use with more than 1 private repositories from personal accounts or organisations, users
Enter a paid contract for the use of violinist.io’s services by entering their credit card information in the payment and billing section of https://violinist.io, whereupon the users are billed via the payment service https://stripe.com.
(3) When the user completes their signup for violinist.io by entering and confirming their payment details on https://violinist.io and selecting a paid plan, a paid contract is established. Prices are as follows:
Pro plan (available only directly via violinist.io): $10 USD per month for 5 private repositories.
Agency plan: Starting from $2 USD/project/month
Enterprise plan: Prices may be individual, and will also vary based on number of private repositories. Starting from $4 USD/project/month. The price can also be per year.
(4) The contract has no fixed termination date and can be canceled according to the terms in section 7 of this document.
4. Revocation policy
Basically, like with any other service, the legal right of cancellation naturally applies to violinist.io as well. You can revoke your subscription for any reason by sending us an informal written cancellation within 30 days of signing up for a paid plan.
You have the right of revocation of the contract within 30 days without giving reasons. The revocation period is 30 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.
To use your right of revocation of the contract you need to send an explicit, informal notice of revocation (i.e. a letter or an email) about your choice to revoke the contract to violinist.io, Tormods gt 6b, 7030 Trondheim, Norway., E-Mail: [email protected]
It is sufficient to send out the declaration of the revocation within the revocation period for it to be valid.
Consequences of the revocation
In case of your revocation of this contract within 30 days we will reimburse you for all payments immediately, at least within 14 days from the day we receive your notice of revocation of this contract. We will use the same payment method for the reimbursement as you used for the initial payment, unless otherwise explicitly agreed; you won’t be charged for the reimbursement.
Exclusion of the right of revocation
In case of a contract about the delivery of digital contents we will begin to execute our contractual obligations, based upon your request, before the end of the revocation period. In such a case you must confirm your request of our early start and acknowledge the expiration of your right of revocation at the time we begin executing the contract.
In case we have already started to provide our services within the revocation period, upon your prior request, you have to cover the costs that arise from our services at the appropriate rate at the time of your notice of revocation.
5. Payment / Invoice
Basically, we charge monthly and in advance. Payment happens via stripe.com. There is a PDF invoice for every payment, either from stripe.com or github.com.
(1) The monthly payment for violinist.io is to be paid in advance for every month. The user receives a PDF invoice for the performed services. If the user enters a yearly plan, the payment should also be paid in advance.
(2) The monthly payment is transacted via the online payment service stripe.com. Their Terms of Service also apply.
6. End of Service / Cancellation
Basically, you can cancel the service at any time. We can cancel you as well — but will only do so if you do any mischief, or if you won’t pay despite multiple reminders.
(1) The user can cancel the contract for using violinist.io at any time at the end of the current month. They can do so by removing their credit card information from https://violinist.io or by downgrading to a free plan. Should this not be available to the user, they can send a postal mail or email to violinist.io.
(2) violinist.io has the right to cancel the contract with the user without citing any reasons with prior notice of three months towards the end of the running month.
(3) Should the user default their payment for more than four weeks, violinist.io reserves the right to lock the account of the user.
(4) Should the user not pay their payment for more than eight weeks, violinist.io reserves the right to cancel the contract at the end of the running month. violinist.io remains entitled to payment of the outstanding fees.
(5) In in case of abuse (see 8.3) of violinist.io that leads to significant inhibition of the service of violinist.io towards third parties, violinist.io reserves the right to cancel this contract for exceptional reasons.
(6) A possible exceptional right to cancellation by the user or violinist.io remains unaffected.
7. User Duties
Basically, for payments, we need correct payment data. Anything else can be anonymised as you see fit. Please be careful with your payment and account data, and don’t do anything illegal or abusive with violinist.io.
(1) The user shall provide information that is required for payment and creation or modification of an account truthfully, and to keep it up to date.
(2) The user shall keep the login-data for their violinist.io account from unauthorised third parties.
(3) The user is forbidden to abuse the services from violinist.io.. Abuse is especially defined as:
- the publication of illegal or defamatory content
- the use of technical tools that inhibit the functionality of the services of the vendor (including, software, scripts, bots etc.)
(4) violinist.io has the right to delete user content that is illegal and/or abusive immediately.
8. Usage Rights
Basically, from a copyright point of view, violinist.io remains our tool. But of course we give you any usage rights that are required to make use of violinist.io. We’re allowed to let people know you’re using violinist.io, and we can use your company, organisation or project name and logo for promotional purposes.
(1) violinist.io grants every user a non-exclusive, non-transferable, spatially unlimited, but limited to the contract term, right to use violinist.io for the duration of this contract for their own purposes. This usage right is non-transferrable.
(2) violinist.io is a web service that is accessed via servers owned by violinist.io. The software is not ceded to the user.
(3) Should there be any new versions, updates, upgrades or other changes on violinist.io during the duration of this contract, these terms continue to apply:
(4) The user grants violinist.io a non-exclusive, transferable, spatially unlimited and unlimited in time, right to use their (brand) name and logo for promotional purposes for the violinist.io service. This explicitly includes the right to use the user’s (brand) name and logo on the violinist.io website, for example in a list of references.
9. Availability of Services
Basically, we can’t technically promise 100% uptime (nobody can), but we are doing our best!
Due to the nature of the services, violinist.io can not guarantee 100% unrestricted availability (as per 2.1.). The availability of the servers is guaranteed to be 99.5% in the year-average. violinist.io is not responsible for limitations of their services due to internet connection issues. violinist.io only guarantees the availability of the service up to their local internet end-point.
violinist.io makes use of multiple API providers. violinist.io is not responsible for limitations and availability of these API providers, even if the API service inhibits the user’s service.
10. Limitation of Liability
Basically, we are responsible for violinist.io. Within the limitation of liability generally and day to day with our reputation.
(1) violinist.io is, without limit, liable for acts of gross negligence that lead to damages in the conjunction with the use of any contractually agreed services.
(2) Within acts of slight negligence, violinist.io is liable in case of damage of life, body or health without limit.
(3) violinist.io is not liable for free services that go beyond the liability in section 1 and section 2.
(4) In addition, violinist.io is only liable in conjunction with paid services if it violates essential contractual obligations. Essential contractual obligations are abstractly defined as the obligations that make it possible to exercise a contract in the first place and of which a user can usually rely on. In these cases, the liability is limited to the usually occurring damage.
(5) The limited liability outlined in the previous clauses includes any agents of the service provider.
11. Data Protection
Basically, your data is your data. We thank you for your trust in us. We will never violate this trust.
(1) The use of violinist.io incurs the collection, processing and use of personal data. violinist.io processes only personal data from users that is essential for the operation of the service violinist.io. Sharing data with third parties only happens to fulfil this contract and is only done with selected partners.
(2) Personal data is at no time handed to unauthorised third parties. Especially private source code is not shared with third parties ever. We will need access to your private source code, and the update jobs used to process updates will do a full checkout of your source code repository. This source code is not stored or cached, and the containers where the source code is checked out are destroyed and are never re-used.
(3) For payment, transmission of personal data to third parties (like payment providers, banks, credit card companies) is strictly required. We only submit the data that is required to fulfil the payment transactions.
(4) At the end of the contract, all personal data is deleted unless data retention is required by law. In this case, data is locked.
12. Changes to these Terms of Service
Basically, should anything change, we’ll let you know
(1) violinist.io reserves the right to change these Terms of Service, to e.g. update them to reflect new legal regulations, or to introduce new services.
(2) The user will be notified about the changes via email. The email will highlight the changes to the respective regulations in the Terms of Service. The changes become effective if the user does not object to the changes within six weeks after receipt of changes. The user will be notified specifically via email about the possibility of objection and the corresponding deadline.
(3) Should the user object to the changes to the Terms of Service, violinist.io has the right to cancel the contract at the end of the current month.
13. Closing Provisions
Basically, that’s it! If there is any problem, please talk to us. We are sure we’ll find a fair solution. Thank you!
(1) Exclusively, the law of Norway applies. UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
(2) If the user is a merchant, juristic person or corporate body under public law or a special fund under public law, the place of jurisdiction is the place of business of violinist.io for any disputes relating out of this contract.
(3) In the event that any provision in this agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable or is incomplete the validity of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.